Basics of Data Communication
|| First session starts on 12.3.
|| No lectures on 19th and 21st March.
|| There will be no demonstration during March. The demonstration DATEs will be announced in this page and moodle. To access the moodle you can
|| Thursday 28th, there won't be any lecture in University.
|| A quiz will be taken on Tuesday (9th April) from Section 2 (Signal and Data). It will be based on the examples presented during the course.
||The second report/journal about Section 2 (Signal and Data) should be uploaded by 14th April.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Data communications
- Data transmission
- Transmission Media
- Signal encoding techniques
- Error control
- Circuit Switching and Packet Switching
- The basics of digital signals, sampling, filtering, and reconstruction, as well as the effect of time and frequency domains.
Credit points: 5 ECTS
Evaluation: 40% exercises & reports, 60% exam.
(50% is required to pass the course + all the exercises should be completed)
Lecturer: Masoud Daneshtalab
Class location & Times:
- Tuesday and Thursday @ 10.15 - 11.45
- Data Communications and Networking, B.A. Forouzan
- Signal processing first, J. H. McClellan, R. W. Schafer, & M. A. Yoder
- Computer Networks, A Systems Approach, L. Peterson & Davie